Sunday, October 3, 2010

We're off!

Here's the first update, and hopefully the updates don't end here. I'm all checked in at the Pittsburgh airport waiting for my flight. I'll be traveling till 1am which is 7am in Amsterdam. I guess that means I'll have to skip sleeping. I arrive at 7 and then at 9 I take a 3 hour train ride through the countryside to Osnabrück, Deutschland (Germany). I get picked up there and go move into my apartment where I'm sure I'll get to be quite at home.

I have about 110 lbs of luggage to carry with me between a 40 lb suitcase and a 40 lb hiking backpack that I checked and then a 30 lb carry on, plus a ukulele (since my guitar was too big).

Also, the guy sitting across the way from me has on shiny silky gray jeans? I'm still in Pittsburgh though so I won't take that necessarily as good fashion advice.

You can be praying that I catch my train in Amsterdam. For now that's the only thing I'm that worried about... oh and I left my pocket sized German-English dictionary at church...
Maybe I'll see if they sell them here at the airport?

kk, I'll miss all you guys and can't wait to hang out again. Maybe I'll write down stories as they happen because I'm not very good at remembering them.
Auf Wiedersehen

3 comments:

redheadem said...

Enjoy all of your time there! will be praying that you make that train with all of your luggage & find a new dictionary :)

alene said...

yes yes yes! write everything as it's happening! then you'll remember details you wouldn't want to forget. i'm so pumped for you boo! i can't wait to hear it all! yayyyy! prayin' for ya!

Belinda said...

praying for your trip!