Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kein Fahrrad (no bike)

Bikes are all over the place. Huge lots full, packed to the limits with bikes. Bike lanes, bike traffic lights, everything for bikes. A bike here in Osnabrück is the perfect way to get anywhere fast. My roommate found one cheap. I almost followed suit, and then wondered,

"why do I need to get anywhere fast?"

Do you learn better fast? or observe better, see better, think better, pray better?
All that fast does it get things done, but I'm not actually here to get things done. I want to learn, observe, see, think, and pray. I will do that slowly. There are other things I could do better slowly but it's 2am and I can't think of them right now.

1 comment:

Erik said...

An odd idea to me, Ryan. I want to be fast. Hurry to school so I do not freeze :) Its at the point that even for a 500 m walk I will take the bike. But a fast prayer...that is a danger.

Erik