Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Longboard


Coming soon - I'm hoping to do that pattern with inlays of mahogany and black walnut on a background of Baltic Birch from Russia...
The wood is in on route to Pittsburgh this moment. (also board shape will be different, I got this photoshop template off the internet and the added the pattern from illustrator)

The Pattern is called "Guarda Pampa." It comes from an Indian tribe in Argentina called "Mapuche" and the pattern is meant to resemble the Andes Mountains covered in snow as well as their reflection in the lakes below. It is blocklike because it was often woven into fabric.
I think I'll have a similar design on the top of the board too, carved into the grip tape.

Question is: Do I buy a router now that is expensive to do a good job and have for the rest of my life? probably... we'll see. I have to build the board itself first...

more later,

No comments: