Friday, July 30, 2010

Hair Cut - (and a social tip)

So I finally cut my hair which is the most interesting recent event so I'll write about it, both the intent and what actually happened.

So... I wanted short, stylish, respectable, not boring. Difficult combination I dare say, especially with curly hair. I decided to go kind of fringe (see this looking at the second set of pics), kind of caesar (with hair sweeping forward) and kind of faux hawk... all at the same time. I decided against leaving the blond rattail.

Mom cut it and it more or less went according to plan, and I like it. Exception being the fringe only half worked. Bangs are kind of too short. But I'll try again in a month and we'll get better I reckon. Good start though.
Also note I'll be seeing Prisca this weekend so if she's any sort of real photo major there will be documentation coming soon.

PS As a general rule that I've had reason to think about recently, "your hair looks so much better that way" or any compliment that compares the current appearance to past appearance isn't really a compliment, especially if the person liked their previous appearance... a rule I will always remember to apply especially when dealing with women who tend to read lots of extra details into your words...

1 comment:

Joel Witwer said...

your hair is an inspiration to me.