Friday, January 14, 2011

Fruit Loops

Well, now that I've been here almost 4 months I thought, 'I need some good old American cereal. And look here, there are Kellogg's Fruit Loops. That will do.' So I buy a box and rush home. Talk about a disappointment. Firstly, observe the colors. Saddest most depressing fruit loops I've witnessed. They look more like the wall paper in my grandparents powder room. Secondly, flavor? Fruit? well no, but fruit loops never taste like fruit. It's more of that fruit candy sort of taste. We've learned to recognize apple flavored things even though the taste is totally removed from real apple flavor. Anyway, I expected that fake, delicious, sweet, fruit flavor. Nope. Try Multi-grain cheerio flavor? Excepts some of the multi-grain cheerios are good. Take out the good ones and leave the boring bad ones. That was what this bowl of cereal tasted like. Moral of the story, don't try to be American anywhere except America because you'll be wasting your time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

roflol! you shouldn't be eating that junk anyway!

Liz said...

Gah! They probably eat these "American classics" and think we're crazy for liking them. Conversely, we ENJOY european delicacies and have no clue what we're missing.

Erik said...

How about some easy American food,pancakes or Chocolate chip cookies!