Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mein Auto


So I've been working on this car project for my Industrial Design class.
Class is over but I wanted it to look good for my portfolio.
So first I draw a beautiful Red Car with markers and time.
That takes about Forever.
Then I want to add a reflection, like in a 3D rendering program.
That's a lot easier on a computer.
So I draw a reflection on page 2 and glue it under page 1...
That has probably never been done before but I really want a reflection.
So for spray mounting I go to a "well ventilated area"
also called the basement.
It has one door to the other part of the basement,
which has a door to the upstairs,
which has two doors and two windows.
That means I'm well ventilated.
Below is the reflection,
the car,
and a practice of the car...
So yeah here is the reflection.
I put white paint over the marker so it would fade as it went South
Here is the final.
I wanted a picture in case I ruined it in the process.
Then we arrive at the final final.
Car is glued over reflection.
I still need to cut off an inch or two around the sides.
But overall, quite satisfied with project.
Always try out your ridiculous never been done sort of ideas.
You'll never have more fun.

1 comment:

liz said...

definitely good decision to make a reflection - adds a nice touch. wish i could draw a cool car like that....but never really tried though, i guess...