Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Do it, Get Stressed...

Business and stress are interesting tools God has. On the one hand it makes you feel too busy and crazy to do anything for God, or even just spend time with him at all. It's like all the craziness should push you over the edge into failing at all the things that are really important leaving you to only fiddle around with schoolwork or whatever it may be. I'm finding this is not at all the case.
It's easy to lie to yourself about what's going on. Maybe not even lying, just that you have more self control when you're rested and on top of things so you sometimes don't even realize what your problems are because you keep them in control (and you should). The cool thing about stress is that all these things start to bubble to the surface. Maybe it gets to a point where others see the issues or maybe not, but the key is that you can then see them. As soon as you realize what's going on you can deal with the problems and grow.
That's what Argentina was like for me, the best time but the hardest time, and the time with the most growth. So many things from culture to schedules left me out of my element and uncomfortable. That's when I began to clearly see where I needed to be transformed and God began to do it.
That said, if my comments are correct, then by the end of this quarter I should have dealt with every problem possibly buried in my soul. Great when I get there, but I long road going. If you're stressed be encouraged.

No comments: