Friday, October 21, 2011

Observing Those Further Down the Road


“That’s it! I’m moving in with Freddy!” declared TJ as he came in to work, a little later than usual...  Freddy (my supervisor), already at his desk, was a little surprised.  TJ went on to explain that the 3 hours of commuting each day to work was too much.  If he moved to Herzo (where Freddy is), he could have 15 hours a week more with his newborn son.  I made a mental not of the conversation as something that might be valuable to remember someday.  Sure, sometimes a long commute can be a nice thing to clear your mind or think, but if that’s what you need then just go for a drive or a walk.  Living far away means you are forced to take that time, even when it can’t be afforded.  I’d like to keep all regular commutes in my life under 30 minutes.
Glad I finally got that figured out.

No comments: