Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spannend Pläne (exciting plans)

As of today I have officially made some rather exciting plans and bought all the plane and train tickets to make it happen. Our semester ends February 11th and RIT starts March 7th I believe. That means I have some time to see more of Europe. First I'll relax for the weekend. Then Monday through Thursday will be just south of London with some friends from Youth With A Mission (YWAM). Then I take a train under the English channel to Paris. Thursday through Monday I will be there with my cousin. She has been studying there for a few years now. From there I take a train through the Alps to Milan, Italy where I can stay with a friend I met here from Monday till Friday. I have my "7 days to learning conversational Italian" book with me so maybe I'll come back half fluent in Italian too if I'm lucky. That's a good bit of time in Milan so maybe there will be some mini trips involved there to the Alps or the Mediterranean perhaps. This is my first time in Europe and I've hardly seen anything so far, but I'll get to see a fair bit before I leave. RyanAir is the greatest airline ever. It will cost me $20 to fly to London. Maybe after I ride on their trashed plane I won't appreciate them as much, but for now I'm just excited. After Milan I head back to Osnabrück for one last weekend and then Monday February 28th I head back to Pittsburgh to spend some time with the fam.

Also, my mom is visiting on Tuesday till the following Monday. Can't wait. I need a hair cut so the timing is perfect ;) This may be the first haircut of my life that doesn't take place in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania (excluding any haircuts before the age of 2 since they would have been in Virginia).

Saturday I go with my church to invite people to a Christmas Eve service. If there are enough costumes I may find myself dressed as Santa Claus. We'll see. I hope to have pictures.

later,

4 comments:

Joel Witwer said...

Ryanair is an irish airline
just sayin'

Cara Joy said...

i've always wanted to go to italy...that is so exciting!!!

Erik said...

Sounds like fun. I was hoping to meet up with you while you were in Europe. Logically weekends work better for me, but still will try to make it work no matter what. Where would it be best to meet up do you think? Germany, France, Italy?

Erik

Prisca Berea said...

na ja
gute Pläne!!
also
du wirst in Europa fuer deinen Geburtstag sein!!
du wirst die Beste Geburtstag haben.