Sunday, December 19, 2010

City of Snow - Schneestadt

Firstly I just want to point out that this is my 100th post and I started this blog in mid-February. I'd say that counts as perseverance. Definitely enjoying having all this stuff together in one place and going through the process as well.

Secondly I just invented the word "Schneestadt" but I think I'm allowed to do that because that's how the German language works. Instead of using adjectives they just cram words like "Schnee" (snow) and "Stadt" (city) together.

I've mentioned I think that my church meets on the 6th floor of a building on the north edge of the city. I've been meaning to bring my camera for weeks and I finally did. It's a lovely snowy day. The first picture is a close up of the second one. You'll notice that those churches are about the tallest buildings in the city. They are situated pretty roughly in the middle. Granted Osnabrück is a small city even by European standards, but it's a stark contrast to skylines like Pittsburgh.

View more recent photos here. I just added another 15 photos to the end of the album.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now is that 6th floor in Europe or the U.S.?:) Beautiful picture.

Unknown said...

these look like pictures taken in an epic spy movie in russia =]