Monday, May 28, 2012

Biking Far! (to Nürnberg)

So Nürnberg has always been just out of reach.  It's a 30 minute commute by train, but it's about $10 for a round trip, so not something I want to do so often.  It's about 14 miles away, and now that the weather is delightful, it is bikeable.  I did it the past two weekends.  This picture is from the first.  It's nice being in Nürnberg with a bike because then you are not stuck in the city center, but instead can go out a little further and find nice places like this.
Saturday, I biked to "Summer in the City" to hang out with some friends at the artificial beach there.  Quite pleasant.
Yesterday I just ran 14 miles.  Maybe by the end of the summer I'll run to Nürnberg and back?  We'll see. let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.


(side note - I finally got 10,000 views to this blog  =)

1 comment:

TurnerinRoc said...

I just hit 500 on mine... I've got a long way to go. Thanks for keeping us all posted on your travels!