Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Cookie Volcano

     I referenced this a few weeks ago, and here are the pictures finally.  No need for a mixing bowl.  This Thursday we are making Christmas cookies again at the International Student Meeting.  I'm hoping to make my mom's sugar cookies if I can find the time to grab the ingredients.
     I should also mention, I'm about to get my first chance to drive in Germany.  Another intern and I are driving to a laboratory in Basel, Switzerland on Wednesday evening to consult with some folks on a project we're working on.  Her license is in Canada, so I'm driving the 4 hour stretch, with a manual, in Germany, in Kilometers/hour, probably a lot of km/hr (by that I mean fast).  I hope I don't break any rules by accident.  My license is good the first 6 months I'm here, even though I've never learned German road rules.  Supposedly it's pretty simple to get a drivers a German license so I may do that at some point.  For about half of the states, including PA, you just have show your license and pay about 30€ and they give you a German one.  Not exactly fair, since for a German to get a license they pay a few thousand dollars and take a course.  I paid $25 =)




No comments: