Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Small Town, Big Aspirations

So I finally got pictures around where I work.  I needed to visit the bank and so I made a run out of it and took pics along the way.  These first pictures are down Main Street (Hauptstraße) in Herzo which is about a mile and a quarter from where I work.







The above building is the Alte Wache.  We had a PUMA social event there a few days ago.  It is an old house converted into a restaurant.  They have a handful of American burgers on their menu.  Not what I expected going in the door.  Let’s head over to PUMA now.  I hadn’t noticed until I went to take these pictures, but check out the manhole covers!



And the bathroom sinks!  That is PUMA design style right there.  Crisp, bold, classy, no drainage hole in the middle.  I almost feel like I’m washing my hands on a macbook.  Btw, the sinks are in a different room than the toilets, so it’s not entirely weird that I took that picture =P




 The picture above is the PUMA Vision side of the building where we show off our history and cool products inside.  The top level is the cafeteria which spills out onto the roof.  Below is the outlet which is on the right.  Note the solar panels on the roof and PUMA's parking garage just past it, looking out over Herzo.  Both pictures are taken from the window near my desk.
 Below is the parking garage again with some cool advertising.

 And the main entrance is in the middle next to the little PUMA cat.  I work on the top floor of the building on the right.
 And here is the other side of PUMA vision, which is one of the first things you see from the bus on your way into work.
 And this last one combines everything.  I like the place a lot, but then I like RIT's architecture as well so maybe my opinion is null and void.
Got to play soccer last night with a bunch of PUMA guys.  Such a great feeling.  I love soccer and I can't believe I've gone so long not playing it.  One of the things I'm dreading about my senior year at RIT is being too busy to play.  The people I've worked with here do a great job at working hard all day, sometimes long days, but also making sure they have fun and get in their vacation times too.  It can be challenging to work with important people on vacation all the time, but since it goes both ways, I think it's definitely worth it overall.


Lastly, I'm using a dell when working.  I need to get back to a macbook.  I took for granted that you can do things like change the language on a mac.  Not an option on my dell...  If I'm ever there long tern I'll be able to convince them to get me one.  All the designers have them, but the developers usually have dell, just because.  No particular reason.

No comments: