Friday, February 5, 2010

The Plaque Wall


So there are these walls of plaques all over the place. It would be real sweet to do something deserving that but on the other hand does anyone actually care about any of the people on this wall? I'm sure it was a delightful ceremony when each one was added and the people recognized felt honored and then... that is the result. A little spot in the corner of a lounge on the second floor of building 9 on the academic side of a Campus in Rochester, NY. Hmm, whatever I do with my future I want to make sure I'm touching the lives of individuals and not Institutions. It would be so much cooler to have a plaque in someones house, to matter to someone personally. It just looks like a sad picture of people who came and went. We should make sure we honor those in our lives that deserve plaques with something a little more affective. It does make a nice decoration though...

1 comment:

Prisca Berea said...

yeah nice decoration

but you're right

I don't read them